- Assisting you in navigation,
- Assisting in registering for our events, login and your ability to provide feedback,
- Analysing the use of our products, services or applications,
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising),
- Offering content of third parties (such as social media content).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that websites download to a user’s computer, phone or tablet. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. They help website providers, for example, to recognise a user that has visited a website previously. Further details on the cookies used on this Site and their purposes are set out below.
This Site uses the following types of cookies:
- single session cookie: enables this Site to keep track of your movement from page to page in order to ensure that you will not be asked for the same information you have previously given during your visit to this Site. We may use the cookie to enable you to return to a previous page, or analyse user behaviour, such as which pages have been visited during your visit, in order to improve your overall experience and the performance of this Site
- remember me cookie: enables this Site to remember your personal preferences such as log in details in order to improve the user experience for example by avoiding you having to re-enter these details on each visit to this Site
- global session cookie: enables us to collect information such as number of visitors to this Site, links clicked on, identify what links you used to come to this Site and pages visited in order to analyse user behaviour. This information is collected in an anonymous form and will be collated with similar information received from other users to enable us to compile reports in order to develop and improve user experience, for example, by displaying more tailored and relevant content. We might use these cookies to highlight articles, services available within this Site or adverts that we believe may be of interest to you.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para 1 f GDPR, whereby our authorisation arises from the fact that, on the one hand, we have an interest in evaluating the Site data for purposes of Site optimization and, on the other hand, a concerned person can reasonably foresee at the time when the personal data is collected and in view of the circumstances under which it is carried out (in particular the above-mentioned measures) that it will possibly be processed for this purpose.
The single session cookie is a temporary cookie which remains in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. The other cookies will remain in the cookie file of your browser after the closing of the browser, and will become active again when you reopen this Site. The different cookies have different expiration dates. Following expiry of a cookie, a new version of that cookie will be downloaded when you next visit this Site, unless you have withdrawn your consent in the meantime. You can also delete your cookies at any time in your browser settings.
You do not have to accept cookies, but without accepting them you may experience reduced Site functionality. If you wish to reject the cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org to see how you can turn off the automatic download feature. For more information about cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.